1. These are the terms and conditions for the Claire’s South Africa (“Claire’s”) Squad Search competition.
2. By entering the Competition, all participants warrant that they have been assisted by their parent or legal guardian who have provided consent for their participation in the Competition and therefore accept to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
3. By entering the Competition and submitting your information to Claire’s, you warrant that you have been assisted by your parent or legal guardian who consents to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in connection with the Competition and your Competition entry. Claire’s or any of its sponsors may use your details to contact you and to keep you updated.
4. Claire’s or any of its sponsors shall use and take care of any personal information you supply, Claire’s or any of its sponsors in accordance with data protection legislation.
5. In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
a. Must reside in the Republic of South Africa;
b. Must be between the ages of 14 - 21 and must be duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian who is 18 years or older;
c. Must have a valid contact number, if under 18 a valid contact number for parent or legal guardian;
d. Must complete all required fields on the entry form found in the Claire’s store;
e. Must accept terms and conditions before entry will be accepted; and
6. All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will automatically be entered into the Competition.
7. Claire’s is a trading division of New Clicks South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Clicks”). The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
a. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Clicks, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Clicks, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;b. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Clicks and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; andc. employees, agents and sponsors of Claire’s may not contribute towards any entry.
8. The competition commences on 25 March 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and closes on 24 June 2017 at 14:00 p.m.
9. No responsibility is accepted by Claire’s or any of its sponsors for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
10. 10 Finalists will be drawn by 1 August 2017 from the eligible entrants received by the judges based on the individuality of the photograph submitted, of which 8 will be runner up prize winners & two will be winners. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
11. The 8 finalists will each receive: R300 Claire’s voucher. The two winners will each receive: R5,000 cash, R5,000 Claire’s voucher, photo shoot to the value of R15,000 & a hamper valued at R500.
12. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Claire’s cannot provide any of the prizes, Claire’s will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
13. Unless the finalist/winner specifically states otherwise, the finalist/winner, who must duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian agrees to participate in all promotional activity under the supervision of their parent or legal guardian who consents to Claire’s using the finalist’s/winner’s name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The finalist’s/winner’s parent or legal guardian will have the right to withdraw their consent for the use of the finalist’s/winner’s name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Claire’s in any promotional activity.
14. Each of the winners will be required to provide Claire’s with proof of identification in the form of a copy of their birth certificate, South African ID or passport and must be accompanied and duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian who will be required to assist each winner with all necessary documents in connection with being able to take up any of the Prize/s in this competition. Parents are requested to provide proof of identification in the form of a copy of their South African ID or passport if winners are younger than the age of 18.
15. Notification and delivery of prizes:
a. The finalist’s contact details will be obtained from the contact number provided. Each finalist & winner will be contacted telephonically informing them that they have won.
b. Claire’s reserves the right to disqualify a finalist if they do not respond to the telephone call or e-mail within 24 hours of being contacted indicating that they accept the prize. In such event, Claire’s will be entitled to select another finalist immediately thereafter.
16. If a finalist/winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that finalist/winner will forfeit their prize and another finalist/winner will be selected.
17. The finalist’s and winners’ names will be published on the Claire’s South Africa official FB page, Claire’s South Africa Instagram page as well as on the Claire’s South Africa official Twitter page.
18. A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the competition web page and at http://www.clairessa.co.za/competitions for the duration of the Competition.
19. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
20. By participating in the Competition, YOU agree, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER CLAIRE’S,the SUPPLIER/Sponsor NOR any OF THEIR RESPECTIVE advertising agencies WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY losses, damages, COSTS OR claims in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
21. CLAIRE’S RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CLAIRE’S AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRITION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER ERROR.