1. These are the terms and conditions for the Claire’s South Africa (“Claire’s”) competition – Claire’s South Africa Club Cutie Competition (“the Competition”) which will be run by Claire’s South Africa.
2. By entering the Competition, all participants warrant that they have been assisted by their parent or legal guardian who have provided consent for their participation in the Competition and therefore accept to be bound by the terms and conditions contained herein.
3. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook (“FB”) or any other social media platform. Any correspondence regarding the Competition must be directed to Claire’s and not via social media.
4. All information collected pursuant to the Competition is collected by Claire’s and not via social media. By entering the Competition and submitting your information to Claire’s, you warrant that you have been assisted by your parent or legal guardian who consents to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in connection with the Competition and your Competition entry. Claire’s or any of its sponsors may use your details to contact you and to keep you updated.
5. Claire’s or any of its sponsors shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to Claire’s. Claire’s or any of its sponsors in accordance with data protection legislation.
6. In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
a. Must reside in Cape Town, Cape Town surrounds, Johannesburg, JHB surrounds, Durban, Durban surrounds.
b. Entrants are between the ages of 6 - 13
c. Entries valid from 10 am – 3 pm every Saturday for the duration of the campaign:
1 July – Canal Walk
29 July – Clearwater Mall
5 August – The Pavilion Shopping Centre
26 August – Cavendish Square
d. Parents must have a valid e-mail account and cellphone number;
e. Must accept terms and conditions before entry will be accepted.
7. All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will automatically be entered into the Competition.
8. Claire’s is a trading division of New Clicks South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Clicks”). The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
a. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to Clicks, its subsidiaries, divisions and/or associated companies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by Clicks, and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners;
b. directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the advertising and promotion agencies of Clicks and their spouses, life partners, immediate family members and business partners; and
c. employees, agents and sponsors of HDI and Claire’s may not contribute towards any entry.
9. The competition commences on 1 July 2017 at 10:00 a.m. and closes on 26 August 2017 at 3 pm.
10. No responsibility is accepted by Claire’s or any of its sponsors for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
11. Two winners, each will win a R 3 000 Claire’s voucher & photo-shoot valued at R15 000. Three runner ups will each receive a Claire’s voucher valued at R300.
12. Winners will be drawn by Claire’s judges and announced by 1 October 2017. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into. Winners who reside outside of Cape Town will receive fully paid return flights, compliments of Claire’s South Africa.
13. The 2 selected finalists will each receive: a R 3 000 Claire’s voucher & photo-shoot valued at R 15 000. Claire’s photo-shoot in October 2017.
14. The prizes for the competition are as follows:
a. Finalist Prizes include: R 3 000 Claire’s voucher & photo-shoot valued at R 15 000.
b. Runner up prize: 3 x Runner ups: R300 vouchers each.
15. The prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or for any other item. If, for any reason, Claire’s cannot provide any of the prizes, Claire’s will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
16. Unless the finalist/winner specifically states otherwise, the finalist/winner, who must duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian agrees to participate in all promotional activity under the supervision of their parent or legal guardian who consents to Claire’s using the finalist’s/winner’s name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The finalist’s/winner’s parent or legal guardian will have the right to withdraw their consent for the use of the finalist’s/winner’s name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Claire’s in any promotional activity.
17. Each of the finalists/winners will be required to provide Claire’s with proof of identification in the form of a copy of their birth certificate, South African ID or passport and must be accompanied and duly assisted by their parent or legal guardian who will be required to assist each finalist/winner with all necessary documents in connection with being able to take up any of the Prize/s in this competition. Parents are requested to provide proof of identification in the form of a copy of their South African ID or passport.
18. Notification and delivery of prizes:
a. The finalist’s contact details will be obtained from their entry in-store.
b. Claire’s reserves the right to disqualify a finalist if they do not respond to the telephone call or e-mail within 12 hours of being contacted indicating that they accept the prize. In such event, Claire’s will be entitled to select another finalist immediately thereafter.
19. If a finalist/winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that finalist/winner will forfeit their prize and another finalist/winner will be selected.
20. The finalist’s and winners’ names will be published on the Claire’s South Africa official FB page as well as on the Claire’s South Africa official Instagram page by 1 October 2017.
21. A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the competition web page and at www.clairessa.co.za for the duration of the Competition.
22. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
23. By participating in the Competition, YOU agree, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER CLAIRE’S, FB, the SUPPLIER/Sponsor NOR any OF THEIR RESPECTIVE advertising agencies WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY losses, damages, COSTS OR claims in connection with the Competition or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize.
24. CLAIRE’S RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CLAIRE’S AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER ERROR.
"By entering this competition I, as the parent and/or legal guardian of the minor, consent to the use and display of the photograph of the entrant by Claire's on the Claire's Facebook page, for purposes of advertising and promoting the Claire's Club Cutie Competition, for the duration of the competition. I acknowledge and agree that the photograph may be combined with other images, text, graphics, film, audio, audio- visual works, and may be cropped or altered by Claire's for the purposes and duration stated herein."