1. These are the terms and conditions for the Claire’s South Africa (“Claire’s”) Instagram competition – Claire’s 1-minute trolley dash (“the Competition”).
2. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. Any correspondence regarding the Competition must be directed to Claire’s and not to Instagram.
3. All information collected pursuant to the Competition is collected by Claire’s and not by Instagram. By entering the Competition and submitting your information to Claire’s, you warrant that you consent to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in connection with the Competition and your Competition entry. Claire’s or any of its sponsors may use your details to contact you and to keep you updated.
4. Claire’s or any of its sponsors shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to Claire’s or any of its sponsors in accordance with data protection legislation.
5. In order to be eligible to enter the competition, a participant:
a. Must reside in Cape Town, Cape Town surrounds, Johannesburg, JHB surrounds, Durban, Durban surrounds.
b. Entrants must have a valid Instagram account
c. Entrants must be following Claire’s SA on Instagram: @claires_sa
d. Entrants must like the competition post
e. Entrants must be available to partake in the 1-minute trolley dash on 2 December at the nearest Claire’s stand-alone store. Listed below are our seven stand-alone stores:
1. Claire’s Canal Walk
2. Claire’s Cape Gate
3. Claire’s Cavendish Square
4. Claire’s Clearwater Mall
5. Claire’s Menlyn Park
6. Claire’s The Mall of Africa
7. Claire’s The Pavilion Shopping Centre
See our store locator here http://bit.ly/2iDhpPF
6. All participants who meet the eligibility requirements set out above will automatically be entered into the Competition.
7. Claire’s is a trading division of New Clicks South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Clicks”). The following persons and entities are not eligible to participate in the competition:
- The competition commences on 13 November 2017 and ends at 12 pm on 16 November. The winner will be announced on the Claire’s SA Instagram account between 12 – 4 pm on 17 November 2017.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE COMPETITION, YOU AGREE, SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THAT NEITHER CLAIRE’S, FB, THE SUPPLIER/SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE ADVERTISING AGENCIES WILL BE LIABLE
- CLAIRE’S RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE, SUSPEND OR AMEND THE COMPETITION FOR REASONS BEYOND ITS CONTROL. CLAIRE’S AND ITS SERVICES PROVIDERS, INCLUDING ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK PROVIDERS, ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE TRANSCRITION OF ENTRY INFORMATION, TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION, LOST OR DELAYED DATA TRANSMISSION, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, LINE FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELEPHONE NETWORK, COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR SOFTWARE, THE INABILITY TO ACCESS ANY WEBSITE OR ONLINE SERVICES OR FOR ANY OTHER ERROR.
9. One winner will be drawn by Claire’s representatives on 16 November. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence in this regard will be entered into.
10. No responsibility is accepted by Claire’s or any of its sponsors for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete or which cannot be entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of entry is not proof of receipt.
11. The prizes for the competition are as follows:
12. The prizes cannot be exchanged for cash. If, for any reason, Claire’s cannot provide any of the prizes, Claire’s will award an alternative prize of a similar value.
13. Claire’s reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the telephone call, e-mail or message within 12 hours of being contacted, indicating that he/she accepts the prize. In such event, Claire’s will be entitled to select another winner immediately thereafter.
14. If a winner cannot accept a prize for any reason, that winner will forfeit his/her prize and another winner will be selected. In order to claim his/her prize, a winner may contact the Claire’s Digital Brand Manager, Candice King on 021 531 5403 or via e-mail: Candice@itopia.co.za
15. The winner’s names and/or pictures will be published on the Claire’s SA Instagram page.
16. Unless the winner specifically states otherwise, each winner agrees to participate in all promotional activity and hereby consents to Claire’s using the finalists/winner’s name, images and/or voice in any promotional material for the purpose of promoting the competition. No compensation will be payable for such use. The winner will have the right to withdraw their consent for the use of the finalists/winner’s name, images and/or voice prior to the use thereof by Claire’s in any promotional activity.
17. A copy of these terms and conditions will be available on the Claire’s webpage www.clairessa.co.za for the duration of the Competition.
18. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR CLAIMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE COMPETITION OR RESULTING FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OF ANY PRIZE.